Best Easy Trader Joe’s English Peas Recipe
Trader Joe’s is known for its wide selection of unique and delicious products. One of their standout offerings is their English peas. These sweet and tender peas are a versatile ingredient that can be used in a variety of dishes. From salads to pasta, there are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking with Trader Joe’s English peas. If you’re looking for some inspiration, here is a simple and tasty recipe that showcases the flavor of these peas.
– 1 bag of Trader Joe’s English peas
– 2 tablespoons of butter
– 1 garlic clove, minced
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Start by boiling a pot of water. Once the water is boiling, add the English peas and cook for about 3-4 minutes, or until they are bright green and tender. Drain the peas and set them aside.
2. In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
3. Add the cooked English peas to the skillet and toss them in the melted butter and garlic mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Cook the peas for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they are heated through and well-coated in the butter and garlic.
5. Remove the skillet from the heat and serve the peas hot as a side dish or as part of a larger meal.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about cooking with Trader Joe’s English peas:
1. Can I use frozen peas instead of fresh ones?
Yes, you can substitute frozen peas for fresh ones in this recipe. Simply cook the frozen peas according to the package instructions before adding them to the skillet.
2. Can I add other vegetables to this recipe?
Absolutely! This recipe is a great base for adding other vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, or corn. Just make sure to adjust the cooking time accordingly to ensure all the vegetables are cooked through.
3. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe vegan by substituting the butter with a plant-based alternative, such as vegan butter or olive oil.
4. Can I use dried peas instead of fresh or frozen ones?
Dried peas will require a longer cooking time and will have a different texture than fresh or frozen peas. It is recommended to use fresh or frozen peas for this recipe.
5. Can I use this recipe as a filling for a savory pie?
Absolutely! This buttery and garlicky pea mixture would make a delicious filling for a savory pie. Just make sure to adjust the quantities accordingly based on the size of your pie dish.
6. Can I serve these peas cold in a salad?
Yes, you can certainly serve these peas cold in a salad. After cooking, let them cool completely before adding them to your salad ingredients.
7. Can I add herbs or spices to this recipe?
Certainly! Feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to enhance the flavor of the peas. Fresh herbs like mint or basil would work well in this recipe.
8. Can I use this recipe as a base for a pasta dish?
Absolutely! This pea mixture would make a wonderful addition to a pasta dish. Simply toss it with cooked pasta and add grated Parmesan cheese for a quick and flavorful meal.
9. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover pea mixture in an airtight container for up to 3 months. Just make sure to thaw and reheat it thoroughly before serving.
Trader Joe’s English peas are a versatile ingredient that can easily elevate any dish. Whether you use them as a side dish, in a salad, or as part of a larger recipe, you can’t go wrong with the sweet and tender flavor of these peas. Give this easy recipe a try and enjoy the deliciousness of Trader Joe’s English peas!