Trader Joe’s is known for its wide array of unique and tasty products, and one ingredient that stands out is jicama. Jicama is a root vegetable that is low in calories and high in fiber, making it a healthy and delicious option for any meal. One of the best ways to enjoy jicama is by using it as a wrap, and Trader Joe’s offers a variety of tasty options to choose from. In this article, we will explore the best easy Trader Joe’s jicama wraps recipes.
1. Jicama and Turkey Wrap: Start by slicing the jicama into thin, pliable sheets. Fill each sheet with slices of deli turkey, avocado, and a sprinkle of Trader Joe’s Everything but the Bagel Seasoning. Roll it up tightly and enjoy a refreshing and satisfying wrap.
2. Jicama and Tuna Salad Wrap: Mix together canned tuna, diced red onion, diced celery, and a dollop of mayonnaise. Spread the tuna salad onto a jicama sheet and top with lettuce and sliced tomatoes. Roll it up and enjoy a light and flavorful wrap.
3. Jicama and Black Bean Wrap: Mash cooked black beans with a fork and season with cumin, chili powder, and salt. Spread the black bean mixture onto a jicama sheet and top with diced tomatoes, shredded lettuce, and a dollop of Greek yogurt. Roll it up and enjoy a protein-packed vegetarian wrap.
4. Jicama and Chicken Caesar Wrap: Slice cooked chicken breast into thin strips and toss with Trader Joe’s Caesar dressing. Spread the chicken onto a jicama sheet and top with romaine lettuce and shaved Parmesan cheese. Roll it up tightly and enjoy a tasty and healthy twist on a classic Caesar wrap.
5. Jicama and Hummus Wrap: Spread a generous amount of Trader Joe’s Mediterranean hummus onto a jicama sheet. Top with sliced cucumbers, roasted red peppers, and crumbled feta cheese. Roll it up and enjoy a refreshing and flavorful vegetarian wrap.
6. Jicama and Shrimp Wrap: Saute shrimp with garlic, lemon juice, and a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. Spread the cooked shrimp onto a jicama sheet and top with sliced avocado, diced tomatoes, and a squeeze of lime. Roll it up and enjoy a light and citrusy seafood wrap.
7. Jicama and Veggie Wrap: Slice jicama into thin sheets and spread with Trader Joe’s vegan pesto. Top with sliced bell peppers, shredded carrots, and baby spinach. Roll it up and enjoy a colorful and nutritious vegan wrap.
Questions and Answers:
1. Where can I find jicama at Trader Joe’s?
Jicama can usually be found in the produce section of Trader Joe’s, near the root vegetables.
2. Can I eat jicama wraps if I’m on a low-carb diet?
Yes, jicama wraps are a great low-carb alternative to traditional flour tortilla wraps.
3. Can I make jicama wraps ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the fillings for the wraps ahead of time and assemble them when ready to eat to keep the jicama sheets fresh and crisp.
4. Are jicama wraps gluten-free?
Yes, jicama wraps are naturally gluten-free, making them a great option for individuals with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
5. Can I substitute jicama for other types of wraps?
Yes, if you can’t find jicama or prefer a different wrap, you can substitute lettuce leaves or collard greens as a low-carb alternative.
6. How do I slice jicama into thin sheets?
To slice jicama into thin sheets, use a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer for even, thin slices.
7. Can I add other ingredients to the jicama wraps?
Absolutely! Feel free to get creative and add your favorite ingredients to the jicama wraps to suit your taste preferences.