Trader Joe’s is known for its wide variety of delicious and unique products, and their oatmeal cookies are no exception. These cookies are the perfect combination of chewy and crispy, with a rich, buttery flavor that is sure to satisfy your sweet tooth. The best part? They are incredibly easy to make at home! In this article, we will share the best easy Trader Joe’s oatmeal cookies recipe, along with some helpful tips and tricks to ensure your cookies turn out perfect every time.
To make these scrumptious cookies, you will need the following ingredients:
– 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
– 1 cup granulated sugar
– 1 cup brown sugar, packed
– 2 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
– 1 cup raisins (optional)
Now, let’s get started with the recipe:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
5. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, stirring until just combined.
6. Fold in the rolled oats and raisins (if using) until evenly distributed throughout the dough.
7. Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon, drop rounded balls of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches of space between each cookie.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the centers are still slightly soft.
9. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Now that you have the recipe, let’s address some common questions about these delicious oatmeal cookies:
Q1: Can I substitute the raisins with chocolate chips?
A1: Absolutely! Feel free to swap out the raisins for chocolate chips or any other mix-ins you prefer, such as chopped nuts or dried cranberries.
Q2: Can I use quick oats instead of rolled oats?
A2: While quick oats can be used in a pinch, the texture of the cookies may be slightly different. Rolled oats provide a chewier texture that is characteristic of oatmeal cookies.
Q3: Can I freeze the cookie dough?
A3: Yes, you can freeze the cookie dough! Simply portion out the dough into balls and place them on a baking sheet in the freezer until firm. Once firm, transfer the dough balls to a freezer bag and store for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen, adding a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Q4: How long do these cookies stay fresh?
A4: When stored in an airtight container at room temperature, these cookies will stay fresh for up to one week.
Q5: Can I make these cookies gluten-free?
A5: Yes, you can use a gluten-free all-purpose flour blend in place of the regular flour to make these cookies gluten-free.
Q6: Can I reduce the amount of sugar in the recipe?
A6: Yes, you can reduce the amount of sugar if desired. However, keep in mind that it may affect the texture and flavor of the cookies.
Q7: Can I add other spices to the dough?
A7: Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with other spices such as nutmeg, ginger, or cardamom to add extra flavor to the cookies.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to get baking and enjoy these delicious Trader Joe’s-inspired oatmeal cookies!