Best Easy Tri Tip Mexican Recipe
Mexican cuisine is known for its bold flavors and vibrant spices that can take any dish to the next level. If you’re a fan of Mexican food and want to try something new, then this easy tri tip Mexican recipe is a must-try. Tri tip is a tender and flavorful cut of beef that is perfect for grilling or roasting. When combined with Mexican seasonings and ingredients, it creates a mouthwatering dish that will surely impress your taste buds. So, let’s get started with this delicious recipe!
– 2 pounds tri tip roast
– 1 tablespoon chili powder
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 teaspoon onion powder
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons lime juice
– 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
– Sliced jalapenos, for garnish
1. In a small bowl, mix together the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano, salt, and black pepper to make the spice rub.
2. Rub the spice mixture all over the tri tip roast, making sure to cover all sides.
3. In a large ziplock bag, combine the olive oil and lime juice. Add the tri tip roast to the bag and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight for best results.
4. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Remove the tri tip roast from the marinade and discard the marinade.
5. Place the tri tip roast on the grill and cook for about 5-6 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 135°F for medium-rare or 145°F for medium.
6. Remove the tri tip roast from the grill and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
7. Slice the tri tip roast against the grain into thin strips. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro and garnish with sliced jalapenos, if desired.
8. Serve the tri tip slices on warm tortillas and top with your favorite Mexican fixings such as salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and shredded cheese.
9. Enjoy your delicious and flavorful tri tip Mexican tacos!
Now that you have learned how to make this mouthwatering tri tip Mexican recipe, let’s answer some common questions about it:
1. Can I use a different cut of beef for this recipe?
While tri tip is the preferred cut for this recipe, you can use other cuts such as flank steak or skirt steak as a substitute.
2. Can I cook the tri tip roast in the oven instead of grilling?
Yes, you can roast the tri tip in the oven at 425°F for about 25-30 minutes, or until it reaches the desired doneness.
3. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Yes, you can marinate the tri tip roast overnight to save time on the day of cooking.
4. Can I freeze the leftover tri tip slices?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover tri tip slices in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
5. Can I make this recipe spicy?
If you prefer spicier flavors, you can add more chili powder or crushed red pepper flakes to the spice rub.
6. Can I use dried cilantro instead of fresh?
While fresh cilantro adds a vibrant flavor, you can use dried cilantro as a substitute if needed.
7. Can I use lemon juice instead of lime juice?
Yes, you can use lemon juice as a substitute for lime juice if you don’t have any on hand.
8. Can I use this tri tip for other Mexican dishes?
Absolutely! You can use the cooked tri tip slices in other Mexican dishes such as burritos, quesadillas, or nachos.
9. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
If you’re looking for a vegetarian option, you can substitute the tri tip with grilled vegetables such as bell peppers, onions, and zucchini.
In conclusion, this easy tri tip Mexican recipe is a delicious and flavorful way to enjoy a classic Mexican dish. With simple ingredients and easy preparation, you can impress your family and friends with this mouthwatering meal. So, fire up the grill and get ready to savor the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine!