Best Easy Triple Berry Scone Panera Recipe
If you’re a fan of Panera’s delicious triple berry scones, you’re in luck! We’ve got a simple and mouthwatering recipe that will allow you to recreate these delectable treats in the comfort of your own kitchen. With a perfect balance of tartness from the berries and sweetness from the glaze, these scones are sure to become a favorite among your family and friends.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold and cubed
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1 large egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries)
For the glaze:
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons milk
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
3. Add the cold cubed butter to the dry ingredients. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, cut the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. In a separate bowl, whisk together the heavy cream, egg, and vanilla extract.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Gently fold in the mixed berries, being careful not to overmix as this may break the berries.
7. Transfer the dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape it into a circle about 1 inch thick.
8. Using a sharp knife or a pastry cutter, cut the dough into 8 wedges.
9. Place the scones onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving some space between each one.
10. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the scones are golden brown and cooked through.
11. While the scones are baking, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
12. Once the scones are out of the oven, let them cool for a few minutes before drizzling the glaze over the top.
13. Serve warm and enjoy!
Now that you have the recipe, let’s answer some common questions about these scrumptious triple berry scones:
Q1. Can I use frozen berries instead of fresh ones?
A1. Yes, you can use frozen berries in this recipe. Just make sure to thaw them first and drain any excess liquid before adding them to the dough.
Q2. Can I substitute the heavy cream with a lighter cream or milk?
A2. While heavy cream provides a rich and tender texture, you can use a lighter cream or milk if desired. However, the scones may be slightly less moist.
Q3. Can I use a different type of fruit?
A3. Absolutely! You can experiment with different fruits like strawberries or cherries, or even add a combination of your favorites.
Q4. Can I freeze the scones?
A4. Yes, you can freeze the scones before baking. Place the unbaked scones on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, freeze until solid, then transfer them to a freezer bag. When ready to bake, simply place them on a baking sheet and add a few extra minutes to the baking time.
Q5. How long do the scones stay fresh?
A5. The scones are best enjoyed within 1-2 days of baking. Store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Q6. Can I make mini scones instead of large ones?
A6. Yes, you can divide the dough into smaller portions and shape them into mini scones. Just remember to adjust the baking time accordingly.
Q7. Can I skip the glaze?
A7. The glaze adds a sweet finishing touch to the scones, but you can omit it if you prefer a less sweet treat.
Q8. Can I make these scones vegan?
A8. Yes, you can make these scones vegan by substituting the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil, and using a plant-based milk instead of heavy cream. However, the texture and flavor may slightly differ.
Q9. Are these scones suitable for breakfast or dessert?
A9. These triple berry scones are versatile and can be enjoyed for breakfast, brunch, or as a delightful dessert.
Now that you have all the information you need, go ahead and give this easy triple berry scone Panera recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you!