Best Easy Turkey Keema Recipe Indian
Turkey keema is a delicious and flavorful dish that combines the rich flavors of Indian spices with the lean protein of turkey. This recipe is not only easy to make but also a healthier alternative to the traditional lamb or beef keema. With just a few simple ingredients, you can create a mouthwatering dish that will surely impress your family and friends. Here is the best easy turkey keema recipe Indian:
– 500g ground turkey
– 2 tbsp oil
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1-inch ginger, grated
– 2 tomatoes, finely chopped
– 1 tsp cumin powder
– 1 tsp coriander powder
– 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
– 1/2 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
– 1/2 tsp garam masala
– Salt to taste
– Fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish
1. Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chopped onions and sauté until they turn golden brown.
2. Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and sauté for another minute until fragrant.
3. Add the ground turkey to the pan and break it up with a spatula. Cook the turkey until it is no longer pink, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes to the pan and cook until they become soft and mushy.
5. Stir in the cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt. Mix well to coat the turkey evenly with the spices.
6. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pan, and let the keema simmer for about 15-20 minutes, or until the flavors meld together.
7. Remove the lid and stir in the garam masala. Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes to allow the spices to infuse into the keema.
8. Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve hot with naan bread or steamed rice.
Now, let’s move on to some frequently asked questions about this delicious turkey keema recipe:
1. Can I use ground chicken instead of turkey?
Yes, you can absolutely substitute ground chicken for turkey in this recipe. It will still result in a delicious keema dish.
2. Can I make this recipe vegetarian?
Yes, you can replace the ground turkey with plant-based meat alternatives like tofu or textured vegetable protein (TVP) to make a vegetarian version of this dish.
3. Can I add vegetables to this keema recipe?
Certainly! You can add vegetables like peas, carrots, or bell peppers to the keema for added texture and flavor. Simply sauté the vegetables along with the onions in the beginning.
4. How can I make it spicier?
If you prefer a spicier keema, you can increase the amount of red chili powder or add some chopped green chilies while sautéing the onions.
5. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can store the leftovers in an airtight container and freeze them for up to 3 months. Thaw and reheat before serving.
6. What can I serve with turkey keema?
Turkey keema pairs well with naan bread, rice, or even as a filling for wraps or sandwiches.
7. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
Absolutely! You can prepare the keema ahead of time and refrigerate it for up to 2 days. Just reheat it before serving.
Enjoy this easy and flavorful turkey keema recipe that brings the authentic taste of Indian cuisine to your table. It’s a perfect dish for weeknight dinners or special occasions, and it’s sure to become a family favorite.