Looking for a delicious and easy way to prepare venison tomahawk steak? Look no further! This article will introduce you to the best recipe that will leave your taste buds wanting more. So grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
– 1 venison tomahawk steak (approximately 1 pound)
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
– 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
2. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, chopped rosemary, and thyme. Mix well.
3. Season the venison tomahawk steak generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Brush the herb mixture onto both sides of the steak, ensuring it is evenly coated.
5. Place the steak on the preheated grill and cook for approximately 5-6 minutes per side for medium-rare, or adjust the cooking time according to your desired level of doneness.
6. Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving to allow the juices to redistribute.
7. Slice the steak against the grain, and serve immediately.
Now that you have the recipe for the best easy venison tomahawk steak, let’s address some common questions about this dish:
1. What is a venison tomahawk steak?
A venison tomahawk steak is a thick cut of meat that includes the rib bone. It is similar to a beef tomahawk steak but made from venison.
2. Where can I find venison tomahawk steak?
You can usually find venison tomahawk steak at specialty butcher shops or online suppliers. Some hunting enthusiasts may also have access to this cut.
3. Can I use a different type of meat for this recipe?
While this recipe specifically focuses on venison, you can certainly adapt it to other types of meat like beef or lamb.
4. How do I know when the steak is cooked to my liking?
To determine the doneness of the steak, you can use a meat thermometer. For medium-rare, the internal temperature should reach around 135°F (57°C).
5. Can I marinate the steak overnight?
Marinating the steak overnight can enhance the flavors, but be cautious as venison is lean and can become tough if marinated for too long.
6. What should I serve with the venison tomahawk steak?
This steak pairs well with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
7. Can I cook the steak in the oven instead of a grill?
Yes, if you don’t have access to a grill, you can sear the steak in a hot skillet and then transfer it to a preheated oven at 400°F (200°C) to finish cooking.
8. How long should I let the steak rest before slicing?
Allow the steak to rest for about 5 minutes before slicing to ensure the juices are evenly distributed.
9. Can I freeze the venison tomahawk steak?
Yes, you can freeze the steak for later use. Just make sure to wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container or freezer bag.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to try out this mouthwatering venison tomahawk steak recipe. Enjoy your culinary adventure and savor every bite!