Best Easy Vinegar Disinfectant Spray Recipe
In recent times, with the global pandemic of COVID-19, cleanliness and disinfection have become paramount in our daily lives. While there are various commercial disinfectants available in the market, some of them might contain harmful chemicals. A safer and equally effective alternative is making your own vinegar disinfectant spray at home. Vinegar, a natural and versatile ingredient, has been used for centuries for its disinfecting properties. Here is the best and easiest vinegar disinfectant spray recipe that you can make at home.
– 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
– 1 cup of water
– 10-15 drops of essential oil (such as tea tree oil, lavender oil, or lemon oil)
1. Start by mixing the distilled white vinegar and water in a clean spray bottle. Make sure to use equal parts of both ingredients.
2. Add 10-15 drops of your preferred essential oil into the mixture. Essential oils not only add a pleasant scent but also boost the disinfectant properties of the spray. Tea tree oil, lavender oil, and lemon oil are popular choices due to their antimicrobial properties.
3. Screw the spray bottle cap tightly and shake the mixture well to combine all the ingredients thoroughly.
4. Your vinegar disinfectant spray is now ready to use.
To use the vinegar disinfectant spray, simply spray it onto the surface you wish to disinfect and let it sit for a few minutes. Then, wipe the surface clean using a cloth or paper towel. Vinegar is effective in killing a wide range of bacteria, viruses, and molds, making it an excellent disinfectant.
Here are some commonly asked questions about vinegar disinfectant spray:
1. Is vinegar a good disinfectant?
Yes, vinegar is a natural disinfectant that can effectively kill many types of bacteria, viruses, and molds.
2. Can I use any vinegar for the disinfectant spray?
It is recommended to use distilled white vinegar for making the disinfectant spray as it has a higher acidity level, making it more effective as a disinfectant.
3. Why should I add essential oil to the spray?
Adding essential oil not only masks the strong smell of vinegar but also enhances the disinfecting properties of the spray. Additionally, essential oils have their own antimicrobial properties.
4. How long should I let the spray sit on the surface?
It is recommended to let the vinegar disinfectant spray sit on the surface for at least 5-10 minutes to ensure effective disinfection.
5. Can I use the vinegar disinfectant spray on all surfaces?
Vinegar is safe to use on most surfaces, including countertops, glass, stainless steel, and ceramic. However, it is not suitable for use on marble or granite surfaces as the acidity can damage them.
6. Can I use the vinegar disinfectant spray on fabrics?
It is not recommended to use the vinegar disinfectant spray directly on fabrics as it may cause discoloration or damage. Instead, you can add vinegar to your laundry cycle to disinfect fabrics.
7. How often should I use the vinegar disinfectant spray?
You can use the vinegar disinfectant spray as frequently as needed to maintain cleanliness and disinfection in your home. It is especially useful during flu seasons or when there is a risk of infection.
By following this simple recipe, you can create your own vinegar disinfectant spray to keep your surroundings clean and safe. It is not only effective but also environmentally friendly and budget-friendly. Stay healthy and germ-free!