Best Easy White Chicken Chili Recipe: Paula Deen’s Flavorful Delight
White chicken chili is a delicious and comforting dish that is perfect for cold winter days or anytime you’re craving a hearty meal. If you’re looking for the best easy white chicken chili recipe, look no further than Paula Deen’s flavorful creation. Known for her Southern-inspired dishes, Paula Deen brings her signature touch to this classic chili recipe.
– 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 tablespoon olive oil
– 1 medium onion, diced
– 3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cans (15 ounces each) great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
– 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
– 1 teaspoon ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon dried oregano
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional, for added heat)
– 3 cups chicken broth
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– Fresh cilantro, chopped (for garnish)
1. In a large pot or Dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the diced onion and minced garlic, and sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
2. Add the chicken breasts to the pot and cook until they are no longer pink in the center. Remove the chicken from the pot and shred it using two forks.
3. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and add the drained and rinsed great Northern beans, chopped green chilies, ground cumin, dried oregano, salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper (if desired). Stir well to combine.
4. Pour in the chicken broth and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let the chili simmer for about 30 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream and heavy cream until smooth. Gradually add this mixture to the chili, stirring constantly.
6. Continue cooking the chili for an additional 10 minutes, or until it thickens slightly.
7. Serve the white chicken chili hot, garnished with freshly chopped cilantro.
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about Paula Deen’s best easy white chicken chili recipe:
1. Can I use canned chicken instead of fresh chicken breasts?
Yes, you can substitute canned chicken for fresh chicken breasts. Simply drain the canned chicken before adding it to the pot.
2. Can I make this recipe in a slow cooker?
Absolutely! To make it in a slow cooker, follow the recipe’s instructions until step 4. Then, transfer everything to a slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours.
3. Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftovers in an airtight container for up to three months. Just make sure to thaw and reheat thoroughly before serving.
4. Can I add other vegetables to this chili?
Certainly! Feel free to add diced bell peppers, corn, or any other vegetables you enjoy. Just adjust the cooking time accordingly.
5. How can I make this chili spicier?
If you prefer a spicier chili, you can increase the amount of cayenne pepper or add some diced jalapeños.
6. Can I use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream?
Yes, you can substitute Greek yogurt for sour cream if you prefer a healthier option. The taste and texture may vary slightly.
7. What can I serve with white chicken chili?
White chicken chili pairs well with toppings like shredded cheese, diced avocado, or a dollop of sour cream. It also goes well with cornbread or tortilla chips.
Paula Deen’s best easy white chicken chili recipe is a crowd-pleasing dish that will warm your heart and satisfy your taste buds. Give it a try and enjoy the comforting flavors of this Southern-inspired delight!