Best Easy Yard House Lettuce Wraps Recipe
Lettuce wraps have become a popular and healthy alternative to traditional wraps or sandwiches, and Yard House’s version is no exception. These lettuce wraps are bursting with fresh flavors and are incredibly easy to make. Whether you’re looking for a quick lunch or a light dinner option, this recipe will surely satisfy your cravings. Here’s how to make the best easy Yard House lettuce wraps.
– 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
– 2 tablespoons sesame oil
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
– 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
– 2 tablespoons soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
– 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce (optional for some heat)
– 1/4 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
– 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
– 1 head Boston or Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
1. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground chicken or turkey and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon.
2. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together the hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sriracha sauce (if using). Pour the sauce mixture over the cooked chicken or turkey and stir to coat evenly.
4. Add the water chestnuts and green onions to the skillet and cook for another 2-3 minutes until heated through.
5. To serve, spoon the chicken or turkey mixture onto individual lettuce leaves, allowing each person to assemble their own wraps. Garnish with additional green onions if desired.
6. Enjoy these delicious Yard House lettuce wraps as a light and healthy meal!
Now, let’s move on to some commonly asked questions about this recipe:
1. Can I use a different type of protein instead of chicken or turkey?
Yes, you can substitute ground chicken or turkey with ground beef, pork, or even tofu for a vegetarian option.
2. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While the chicken or turkey mixture can be prepared in advance, it’s best to assemble the wraps just before serving to keep the lettuce leaves fresh and crisp.
3. What other toppings can I add to my lettuce wraps?
Feel free to get creative with your toppings! Some popular additions include sliced bell peppers, shredded carrots, chopped peanuts, or cilantro.
4. How spicy is this recipe with the sriracha sauce?
The sriracha sauce adds a mild level of heat, but you can adjust the amount according to your preference. If you don’t like spice, simply omit it from the recipe.
5. Can I use a different type of lettuce?
While Boston or Bibb lettuce leaves work best for wrapping, you can also use iceberg lettuce or even large leafy greens like Swiss chard or kale.
6. How long does the chicken or turkey mixture last in the fridge?
The cooked chicken or turkey mixture can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
7. Can I make these lettuce wraps gluten-free?
Yes, you can easily make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free soy sauce and hoisin sauce.
These easy Yard House lettuce wraps are a delicious and healthy option for any meal. With their flavorful filling and light crunch from the lettuce leaves, they’re sure to become a favorite in your household. Give this recipe a try and enjoy a nutritious meal that’s quick and easy to make!