Zoes Kitchen is a popular Mediterranean-inspired restaurant chain that offers a variety of delicious dishes. One of their most loved menu items is the Steak Kabobs. These mouthwatering skewers of tender steak, bell peppers, and onions are grilled to perfection and served with a side of rice pilaf. If you’re a fan of Zoes Kitchen and want to recreate their famous steak kabobs at home, you’re in luck! We’ve got the best easy Zoes Kitchen steak kabob recipe for you.
– 1 pound of sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
– 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 1 yellow onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
– 2 cloves of garlic, minced
– 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
– Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice, minced garlic, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well to create the marinade.
2. Add the cubed steak to the marinade and toss to coat. Allow the steak to marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight in the refrigerator.
3. Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
4. Thread the marinated steak, bell peppers, and onions onto skewers, alternating between the ingredients.
5. Place the skewers on the preheated grill and cook for about 4-5 minutes per side, or until the steak is cooked to your desired level of doneness.
6. Remove the skewers from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
7. Serve the Zoes Kitchen steak kabobs with a side of rice pilaf and enjoy!
Now that you have the recipe for the best easy Zoes Kitchen steak kabobs, here are some commonly asked questions and their answers:
1. Can I use a different cut of steak?
Yes, you can use other cuts of steak such as ribeye or tenderloin if you prefer. Just make sure to cut them into 1-inch cubes for even cooking.
2. Can I use a grill pan instead of a grill?
Yes, if you don’t have access to a grill, you can use a grill pan on your stovetop. Just make sure to preheat the grill pan over medium-high heat before cooking the kabobs.
3. Can I add other vegetables to the kabobs?
Absolutely! Feel free to add other vegetables like cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, or zucchini to the skewers for added flavor and variety.
4. Can I use a different marinade?
If you prefer a different flavor profile, you can experiment with other marinades. Try using a Mediterranean-inspired marinade with ingredients like lemon, olive oil, garlic, and herbs.
5. Can I cook the kabobs in the oven?
Yes, if you don’t have access to a grill or grill pan, you can cook the kabobs in the oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C) and cook the kabobs on a baking sheet for about 10-12 minutes, or until the steak is cooked to your liking.
6. Can I use metal skewers instead of wooden ones?
Yes, you can use metal skewers if you have them. Metal skewers are reusable and won’t burn like wooden skewers, but make sure to handle them with oven mitts or tongs as they get hot during cooking.
7. Can I make the marinade in advance?
Yes, you can prepare the marinade in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Just give it a good stir before using it to marinate the steak.
Now that you have all the information you need, it’s time to fire up the grill and indulge in these amazing Zoes Kitchen steak kabobs. Enjoy your homemade Mediterranean feast!