CHIPOTLE STEAK SALAD
This quick and easy lunch or light dinner is just the ticket for a summertime meal. The spicy Chipotle Merlot gives a little kick that you’ll savor with a cold lemonade.
|4||Tbsp||Apres Vin Chipotle Merlot Oil|
|1||Tbsp||Garlic, peeled and finely diced|
|2||lbs||Bottom Round Steak strips, thin cut|
- In a large glass baking dish, stir together 2 Tbsp of the Apres Vin Chipotle Merlot Oil, the balsamic vinegar, thyme, garlic, brown sugar, salt and pepper to make the marinade.
- Place the steak strips one at a time into the marinade and turn them to coat them completely.
- Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or for as much as 8 hours.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- While the grill is preheating, remove the baking dish from the refrigerator and pour off the marinade into a small saucepan.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp of the Apres Vin Chipotle Merlot Oil to the marinade and heat to boiling. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Grill the steak strips over medium-high heat for 1-2 minutes per side. Remove from the heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the salad greens with the warm vinaigrette.
- Portion the salad onto individual plates and drape the cooked steak strips over the salad mixture. Serve immediately.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
MARINATING TIME: 30 minutes to 8 hours
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: serves 4 to 6
Preparation time15 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|