GREEN BEANS WITH RIESLING PEACH SALSA
This is the perfect taste of summer and is good hot or cold. It’s just the thing to take on your next picnic or to that potluck barbecue.
|2||cup||Peach, scrubbed and pitted, flesh diced into 1/4\'” chunks|
|2||Tbsp||Apres Vin Riesling Oil|
|2||Tbsp||White wine vinegar|
|8||cup||Green beans, washed, stems trimmed|
- Combine the diced peach and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
- Into the peach mixture, stir the Apres Vin Riesling Oil, the white wine vinegar and the salt and pepper and mix thoroughly. Set the peach salsa aside.
- Heat 3 quarts of water to boiling in a large, deep saucepan.
- Add the green beans to the boiling water and cook for 4 minutes, ensuring that the beans remain bright green and crisp. Do not overcook.
- Drain the green beans and rinse them with cold water to stop them from cooking.
- Drain the green beans again and pat dry in batches between paper towels or two clean dishtowels.
- Scoop the cooked beans into the peach salsa in the large mixing bowl and mix well.
- Scrape the green beans into a large serving dish. As you do so, about a cup of the peach salsa will have sunk to the bottom of the mixing bowl. Scrape this remaining salsa over the green beans in the serving dish for a decorative presentation.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 8 x 1 cup portions
Preparation time10 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|