PEPPER STEAK POT PIE
Eating in is the new eating out. Make your kitchen the happy hour destination with this cosy pub favorite. We’ve given it a stylish spruce with a splash of our Cabernet Poivre oil and a tangy diced pickle. It’s easily customized with your favorite mushrooms and almost any kind of steak – and a little goes a long way here! It’s a warm hug in a pastry hat that will soothe your mind and palate.
|2||oz||Bacon slices, trimmed of fat and cut into 1/2” pieces|
|1,25||lbs||Steak: Rib Eye, Sirloin, Blade or Chuck, trimmed of fat and cut into ½” chunks|
|1,80||oz||Apres Vin Cabernet Poivre oil|
|1||Tbsp||Garlic, peeled and finely chopped|
|2||cup||Mushrooms, stemmed and chopped in 1/2” chunks|
|1||cup||Carrots, peeled and finely diced or grated|
|0,50||cup||Pickles, diced in ½” chunks|
|1||Tbsp||Mustard, Dijon or Grain|
|0,50||cup||Parsley, stemmed and finely chopped|
|8||oz||Prepared pie crust, cut into 4” rounds,|
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Arrange 6 x 1¼ cup (300ml) ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine the chicken stock and milk in a small saucepan over medium-low heat and warm the mixture just to boiling. Do not scorch. Keep the mixture warm until needed.
- Over medium heat in a large high-sided saucepan, cook the bacon pieces until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside. Drain off the bacon grease from the saucepan.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the steak cubes to the saucepan. Cook, stirring frequently, until the cubes are evenly browned and the moisture has evaporated from the pan, about 5 minutes. Remove the steak cubes from the pan and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Once the pan has cooled to medium-low, add 5 Tbsp of the Cabernet Poivre oil to the pan drippings. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add the carrots and pickles to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the flour over the vegetables in the pan and stir well to combine. Cook for 1 minute or until the floured vegetables appear glossy.
- Stirring constantly, slowly add the warmed chicken stock mixture in five parts, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Stir constantly as the mixture thickens.
- Stir the mustard, parsley and the reserved bacon and steak cubes into the pan and gently heat through, about 1 minute.
- Divide the hot mixture into the 6 prepared ramekins.
- Immediately top each ramekin with a pastry disc.
- Quickly brush the pastry discs with the remaining 1 Tbsp of the Cabernet Poivre oil.
- Immediately place the baking sheet in the preheated oven. Bake for 20 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the pastry is puffed and golden.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 ½ hours
Preparation time1 hour 30 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|