BACON & ARUGULA SALAD WITH A WARM CABERNET VINAIGRETTE
Cabernet Sauvignon grape seed oil adds depth of flavor and heart-healthy benefits in this twist on a restaurant favorite. The apples and cheese are natural complements for the Cabernet.
|0,25||lbs||Thick cut Bacon|
|4||Tbsp||Apres Vin Cabernet Sauvignon grape seed oil|
|1,25||cup||Apple, scrubbed, seeded and cut in ½ “ cubes|
|2||Tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
1. Chop the bacon into bite-sized chunks and saute in a frying pan until golden and just crisp, about 8 minutes. Transfer the cooked bacon to a plate lined with a paper towel. Cover the bacon with a second paper towel and press down until most of the fat is absorbed. Set aside.
2. Using a vegetable peeler, peel 12 long, thin strips of the Pecorino Romano. Set aside.
3. Fluff the arugula in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
4. Pour off the bacon drippings from the pan and discard. Add the Cabernet Sauvignon oil to the pan and warm it over medium-low heat.
5. Add the shallots to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are soft and translucent. Add the apples and cook gently for 1 minute more.
6. Increase the heat to medium and add the vinegar, salt and pepper to the pan. Stirring continuously, add the bacon pieces back to the pan to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute.
7. Pour the warm dressing over the arugula and toss to coat.
8. Divide the salad into portions and arrange Pecorino Romano strips decoratively over each. Serve immediately.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: serves 6
Preparation time30 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|