MOROCCAN RICE PILAF
This spicy, flavorful pilaf is a wonderful accompaniment with grilled steaks, shrimp or chicken. The mint and lemon balance the oil’s smoldering heat.
|3||Tbsp||Apres Vin Chardonnay Morocco Oil|
|1,50||cup||Long-grain white rice|
|1||cup||Scallions, finely diced|
|4||Tbsp||Parsley, stemmed and finely chopped|
|2||Tbsp||Mint, finely chopped|
|2||Tbsp||Lemon peel, white pith removed and finely chopped|
|1||Tbsp||Lemon juice (plus 1 tsp)|
- Heat 1 Tbsp of the Apres Vin Chardonnay Morocco Oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the rice and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Stir the water into the sautéed rice and increase the heat to high.
- Bring the rice to the boil. Cover the saucepan and reduce the heat to a low simmer. Cook until the rice has absorbed the water, about 15-20 minutes.
- While the rice is cooking, combine the scallions, parsley, mint, lemon peel and juice, raisins, almonds, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- When the rice is cooked, scrape it immediately into the herb mixture and stir well to combine.
- Stir the remaining 2 Tbsp of the Apres Vin Chardonnay Morocco Oil into the rice mixture.
- Scrape rice mixture into a serving bowl and serve immediately.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15-20 minutes
YIELD: 4 x 1 cup portions
Preparation time15 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|