PROVENCAL STUFFED PEPPERS
While not a traditional Provencal dish, our fragrant Chardonnay Provencal oil beautifully unifies the cosy beef and potato flavors in these savory baked peppers. Add a salad and the meal is complete.
|4||Red peppers (large)|
|1||lb||Ground beef, extra lean|
|2||Tbsp||Garlic, peeled & finely chopped|
|4||Tbsp||Parsley, stemmed & finely chopped|
|3||Tbsp||Apres Vin Chardonnay Provencal Oil|
|1||cup||Potato chips, crushed|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Lightly grease a deep 11”x15” baking dish and set aside.
- Trim the stems from the red peppers. Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Clean out and discard the ribs and seeds and place the pepper halves in the prepared baking dish.
- In a large frying pan, brown the ground beef, breaking up large pieces with a wooden spoon, until the meat is no longer pink, about 7-10 minutes.
- Scrape the cooked ground beef into a large mixing bowl.
- Pour the bread crumbs, garlic, parsley, Apres Vin Chardonnay Provencal Oil, salt and pepper over the cooked ground beef and stir to combine.
- Divide the beef mixture among the 8 pepper halves and fill them. Mound any extra filling on top of the peppers equally.
- Sprinkle the filled peppers with the crushed potato chips.
- Bake the peppers for 45 minutes or until the potato chip topping is golden and the stuffing is cooked throughout.
PREPARATION TIME: 25 minutes
BAKING TIME: 45 minutes
YIELD: 8 large pepper halves, serves 4 for dinner or 8 for lunch
Preparation time25 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|