PAN-PICKLED SHIITAKE MUSHROOMS
This will become your go-to side dish for steaks and chops, and your favorite quick hors d’oeuvre served on baguette rounds, your show stopping soup garnish piled high, and even your stylish house stuffing for chicken breasts! This showcases any kind of mushroom you like – from plain brown buttons to extravagant chanterelles.
|2||Tbsp||Apple cider vinegar|
|6||Tbsp||AprèsVin Melange a Trois Oil|
|4||oz||White wine (Dry Riesling preferred)|
|1||Tbsp||Garlic, peeled and roughly diced|
|0,25||tsp||Pepper, freshly ground|
|3||cup||Shiitake mushrooms, stems removed and caps chopped in 1/2” chunks|
- In a large, deep saucepan, whisk together the apple cider vinegar, the Melange a Trois Oil and the white wine.
- To the vinegar mixture add the garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, sugar and peppercorns.
- Heat the vinegar mixture to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Toss the mushrooms into the boiling mixture and stir to coat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring frequently, until the cooking liquid reduces to a glossy syrup and coats the mushrooms, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Serve hot, or chill 2 hours to serve cold.
PREPARATION TIME: 30 minutes
SERVINGS: 3 cups
Preparation time30 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|