SMOKY CHARDONNAY LAMB CHOPS WITH BLACKBERRY PAN SAUCE
This is it! Here’s the meal that will convince you and your dinner guests that your kitchen is the finest restaurant in town. You can think like a chef and work all the angles here. Our smoky Chardonnay Fume Oil will add luxurious smoky notes to any lamb cut you can come up with. Substitute dainty lamb rip chops for entertaining, or keep it simple with inch-thick shoulder chops for a weeknight dinner. Also, use fresh blueberries when in season, or thaw and drain frozen berries for a winter celebration dinner.
|2,50||lbs||Lamb chops, 1” thick, rib or shoulder cut|
|5||Tbsp||Apres Vin Chardonnay Fume Oil|
|1||Tbsp||Garlic, peeled and finely diced|
|1||tsp||Sage leaves, fresh, chopped|
|1||tsp||Thyme leaves, fresh|
|2||cup||Fresh Blackberries (or frozen thawed and drained)|
|0,25||tsp||Pepper, freshly ground|
- Loosely tent a large clean plate with foil and set it aside.
- Pat the lamb chops dry and sprinkle them with salt and pepper.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of the Chardonnay Fume Oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan until a drop of water flicked into the pan sizzles on contact.
- Add half of the chops to the pan and cook for 4 minutes per side.
- Lift out the first batch of cooked chops to the prepared plate. Loosely tent the plate with the foil.
- Cook the second half of the chops in the pan for 4 minutes per side and add them to the plate. Loosely tent the plate with the foil and set the chops aside.
- Working quickly, add the garlic, sage, thyme and remaining Chardonnay Fume Oil to the pan. Stir once and immediately add the Marsala and the balsamic vinegar.
- When the sizzling subsides slightly, deglaze the pan by scraping the pan drippings into the sauce with a wooden spoon.
- Reduce the heat under the pan to medium-low and allow the sauce to reduce by simmering for 1 minute.
- Add the blackberries to the sauce and simmer for 2 minutes more. Stir gently once or twice, taking care not to break the berries.
- Serve the chops with a dressing of berries and sauce.
PREPARATION TIME: 45 minutes
Preparation time45 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|