It’s a surprising match made in heaven – Apres Vin Roasted Garlic Chardonnay Oil and tangy red or black grapes! You’ll wow them at your next picnic with this elegant snack. The time it takes is worth it, and very little of it is hands-on work. This bread can be made by hand or with an electric mixer, and it keeps well in an airtight bag for 3 days.
|8||oz||Water, warmed to 105°F-110°F|
|2,25||tsp||Yeast, active dry yeast|
|0,50||cup||Apres Vin Riesling Flour|
|2||oz||Apres Vin Roasted Garlic Chardonnay Oil, divided|
|0,25||cup||Rosemary, stemmed and chopped|
|1,50||cup||Grapes, red or black|
- Pour the warm water into a large mixing bowl. Sprinkle the yeast and sugar over the water, stir once and set aside until the yeast has dissolved and has begun to bubble, about 10 minutes.
- While the yeast is dissolving, sift together the all-purpose flour and the Riesling Flour in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
- Add 2 tsp of the Roasted Garlic Chardonnay Oil, the salt and 2 cups of the flour mixture to the yeast mixture. Mix by hand or machine for 1 minute. Add ½ cup of the remaining flour mixture at a time and mix each time until the dough cleans away from the side of the bowl.
- Knead 10 minutes by hand or 2 minutes by machine on medium-low speed.
- Remove the dough and place temporarily on a cutting board. Oil the mixing bowl with a tablespoon of the Roasted Garlic Chardonnay Oil and return the dough to the bowl. Roll the dough gently in the bowl to oil the surface of the dough.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place to rise until double in size, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Thoroughly oil two 9” round cake pans and sprinkle them with cornmeal.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into two pieces. Pat the two dough pieces into the prepared cake pans until they are uniformly thick.
- Gently oil the surface of the dough in the pans, wrap them in plastic wrap and set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the plastic wrap from the cake pans and make small indentations in the dough with your fingertips. Drizzle the remaining Roasted Garlic Chardonnay Oil over the doughs and sprinkle with rosemary and Kosher salt. Press grapes into the indentations.
- Bake until golden, about 30 minutes. Cool in the pan. Cut each focaccia into 6 wedges.
PREPARATION TIME: 3 hours
SERVINGS: 12 large wedges, serves 6
Preparation timeMore then 2.5 hours
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|