Get ready for this fiery grown-up twist on brownies. The Merlot Flour adds a fragrant fruitiness, while the Chipotle Merlot Oil adds a smoldering touch of heat.
|6||Tbsp||Apres Vin Chipotle Merlot Oil, divided|
|0,25||cup||Apres Vin Merlot Flour|
|1||cup||Cream cheese, roughly chopped in cubes|
|0,25||cup||Cocoa, Dutch processed|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” x 13” pan, line the base with waxed paper or parchment and set aside.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate pieces in 4 Tbsp of the Chipotle Merlot Oil and set aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the Merlot Flour and the all-purpose flour. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the eggs, vanilla and salt together until fluffy and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes. Gradually add the sugar and beat until dense and creamy, about 5 minutes more.
- Scrape the cooled chocolate mixture into the egg mixture and fold together gently.
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the chocolate egg mixture until just combined.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of the cake comes out cleanly. Cool completely in the pan.
- TO MAKE THE FROSTING: Place the cream cheese cubes in the bowl of an electric mixer and break them up by mixing for 30 seconds.
- Sift the cocoa over the cream cheese and blend at the lowest speed until the mixture is uniform. Increase speed to medium and blend for 1 minute.
- Add the remaining 2 Tbsp of the Chipotle Merlot Oil to the cocoa mixture and blend until uniform.
- Adding ½ cup at a time, add the powdered sugar to the cocoa mixture and mix at low speed until uniformly blended. As needed, add small amounts of the milk to moisten, but ensure that a spreadable consistency is maintained.
- Remove the cooled brownie from the pan, top with the frosting and cut into 48 pieces to serve.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 hour
SERVINGS: 48 brownies
Preparation time1 hour
Degree of difficultyVery easy
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|