CABERNET CHERRY SWEETHEARTS
You can have Valentine’s Day all year round with these sophisticated cupcakes. We recommend Chukar Cherries’ unsweetened dried Rainier Cherries here – they add golden sweetness to the grown-up dark chocolate used in the cake. Serve these with a dessert wine like a Syrah Port that will show off the refined flavors.
|1||stick||Butter, unsalted, roughly chopped|
|0,50||cup||Bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped|
|4||oz||Apres Vin Cabernet Sauvignon Oil|
|0,50||cup||Apres Vin Cabernet Sauvignon Flour|
|5||eggs||Eggs, beaten (large)|
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and flour two 12-cup muffin pans or line them with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the butter and the bittersweet chocolate pieces in the Cabernet Sauvignon Oil over low heat. Once melted, set aside to cool to room temperature, about 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cocoa, Cabernet Sauvignon Flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, vanilla and sugar. Stirring gently, add the cooled chocolate mixture and the sour cream. Blend well.
- Sift the flour mixture over the chocolate mixture and fold together gently until just combined. Gently stir in the dried cherries.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared muffin pans, filling the cups until about 2/3 full.
- Bake in the preheated oven about 20-23 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out cleanly.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then tip them out of their pans and move them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
PREPARATION TIME: 1 ½ hours
SERVINGS: 24 cupcakes
Preparation time1 hour 30 minutes
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|