The traditional Italian cookie grows up with our Cabernet Sauvignon Flour and Oil, herbs and lemon peel. Try dunking it in a cold glass of white wine for a refreshing change of pace. These cookies are twice-baked and take a little time, but they’re absolutely worth it.
|1,25||cup||Apres Vin Cabernet Sauvignon Flour|
|1,50||oz||Apres Vin Cabernet Sauvignon Oil|
|1||Tbsp||Red pepper flakes|
|2||Tbsp||Lemon peel (medium sized lemon)|
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the Cabernet Sauvignon Flour, the all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the eggs and whisk in the Cabernet Sauvignon Oil, the sugar, the thyme, red pepper flakes and lemon peel.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the egg mixture and gently combine until just blended.
- Divide mixture in half and gently shape each piece into 12” logs of equal thickness.
- Place both loaves on a baking sheet and gently flatten their tops with your palms.
- Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, remove from the oven and cool until they can be handled.
- Cut the cooled loaves into ½” thick slices. Return the cookie slices to the baking sheet and bake another 10 minutes per side.
- Cool cookies completely on a cooling rack. They can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
PREPARATION TIME: 2 hours
SERVINGS: 36 cookies
Preparation time2 hours
Degree of difficultyNormal
|Only registered users may submit comments, please log in if you want o comment|