A 21st Century twist on a weekend brunch classic – the buttermilk biscuit. Apres Vin’s Chardonnay Flour and Chardonnay Provencal Oil add depth and sophistication to the humble biscuit, dressing it up for the most elegant fillings you can conjure up.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with waxed paper or parchment and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift together the Chardonnay Flour, 1 ½ cups of the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cream, buttermilk and Chardonnay Provencal Oil until thoroughly combined. It is not necessary to whip the mixture.
- Scrape all of the cream mixture into the flour mixture and gently fold together until just combined.
- Flour the countertop with some of the remaining all-purpose flour and scrape the dough out onto it. Gently press the dough into a large ball, taking care to turn and flip it regularly to prevent sticking.
- Gently press and push the dough ball out into a 1” thick disc. Pat with additional flour if the dough sticks.
- Without twisting, gently cut straight down into the dough with a biscuit cutter or thin-rimmed drinking glass. Place the dough rounds on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden and risen.
PREPARATION TIME: 40 minutes
SERVINGS: 12 biscuits